Every Filipino knows this dish. If you ask 10 people randomly about it? You’ll be surprised with their response. Filipinos have variations on how this recipe is made. But one thing is common, it is marinated with soy sauce and vinegar. You might want to try how it is prepared. Here’s the list of ingredients and methods about it.
Ingredients: Good for 6 Servings
Chicken Pieces: lbs
Vinegar: 2/3 cup
Soy Sauce: 1/2 cup
Garlic crushed: 1 – 2
Bay Leaf: 2
Peppercorns: 1 teaspoon
How to Cook?
1. Marinade the first six ingredients for about an hour.
2. Afterwards, simmer the chicken for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Add water as necessary to keep the chicken from drying out.
3. Set aside the chicken from its sauce. Heat the oil in the pan over a medium range flame and sauté the chicken pieces to brown them.
4. Bring the remaining sauce to a boil over medium flame. Cook until somewhat it is reduced and thickened.
5. Put altogether the browned chicken pieces with the reduced sauce and serve with rice.
You can create your own if you want something different on this dish. This is just a guideline for everybody. I hope you enjoy your meal today! :)