1. In a large container, combine the soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken for at least 3 hours
2. Place the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat.
3. When the oil is hot enough, put-in the marinated chicken. Cook all the sides for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour-in the remaining marinade and add water. Bring to a boil
5. Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender
6. Add vinegar.
7.Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Put-in the sugar, and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.
9. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!